Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Portland Shopping

This past weekend I went to Portland with my best friend Janell and my Japanese exchange student for the sole purpose of shopping. I love dedicated shopping trips, because then no one can tell me to hurry up. I'm the type of person that tries on everything before I buy it, and I even will try on some things twice if I find something that I think would look good with it. So yeah, I take my time. Shopping in small amounts of time is just no fun at all.

So I ended up spending far more money than I probably should have. Truth be told, I was actually doing really well until we hit Urban Outfitters in Bridgeport on our way home. It was my first time in an Urban Outiftters, and my oh my I FELL IN LOVE. Everything was simply gorgeous... I honestly liked nearly every single thing I saw.


Unfortunately, UO isn't so nice on the wallet... the cheapest top I saw was like $16 (that was for a basic tank-top) and it only went up (WAY up) from there. I ended up buying an embellished tank top, ivory cardigan, and a pair of really neat-o sandals, and just between those three things I managed to rack up quite the bill, which I'm far to embarrassed to state here but if I ever include them in my outfit posts then you'll be able to figure it out quick since I plan on wearing all three items together.

On the car ride home I was feeling really guilty about how much money I spent at UO, but then I decided it was OK, because lately all I've been buying is $9 tops from Forever 21 so it was all right to have a little splurge every now and then. And I might actually believe that if I tell it to myself 50 more times... we'll see.

Anyways, I've been wearing really cute outfits (at least they're cute in my opinion) the past several days, but I have no camera to take pictures with because my mom stole it when she went to see my sister in Missouri. But it will be home on Friday so I'll try and get a new, more picture-filled blog up soon after that.

In the mean time, here are the store pics of a few things I got. These are all from Forever 21. They look totally lame in these pics, though... I promise they look way cuter on.


I have heard from several people lately about Toms shoes, about how ridiculously comfortable they are, so when we went to Nordstroms I decided to check them out. The first plus is that they come in 11, which is the size I have to wear in close-toed shoes (I can get away with 10's when I'm wearing sandals and most heels). The second plus was that when I put them on my feet got so amazingly happy it wasn't even funny.

Yeah, they look a little odd and basic, but really, THEY ARE SO STINKING COMFORTABLE that I don't care at all that they aren't the most fashionable things ever. Hands down, these are the most awesome shoes I've ever owned. I love them ever more than my old-man shoed I posted about last week. Love love love.

And the cool part it that every time you buy a pair of Toms, the company will give a pair of shoes to a child in need somewhere in the world. So yeah, they were a little spendy (actually not to bad at all, considering how amazing they are), but I actually bought two pairs of shoes so I don't mind shelling out a bit extra for that. Yay!

If you want, you can go order your own on the Toms website. The kind I got, which are the Navy ones pictured above, were $44. You can get fancier ones with decorations but those cost more.

I really seriously am going to save up my money and go buy a few more pairs in different colors because now that I've been wearing them for 3 straight days I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to my other, extremely less-comfy shoes.