Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Case of the Missing Earring

Earring: Charlotte Russe --- Cardigan and Top: UO --- Belt: Forever21 --- Skirt: Thrifted --- Wedges: Kohls --- Clutch: Etsy/58BlueBirds
Man oh man, this skirt is like my #1 favorite thrift find ever. How much do I love it? I'm not sure exactly, but I loved it enough to buy it even though it was about 5 sizes too big for me and barely stayed up over my hips. I begged my mom to fix it for me, so she, being the genius she is, cut holes on the inside of the waistband and put some elastic through it. Now it fits perfectly around my waist. Y'all should be jealous she's my mom an not yours.

Did I mention it's Nicole Miller? It is was only $3? Because it's both! It's a thrifting score for the ages.
This morning when I got to work I noticed something weird. On one ear, I had an earring. On the other, I didn't. There are 3 possibilities of what happened to said missing earring.
1) I only put one on because I was thinking about unicorns or some other deeply interesting thing like that.
2) I did put the 2nd one off, but it fell off sometime between when I put it on (duh) and when I looked in the mirror at work (doubly duh).
3) The monster that lives in my ear ate it.
The world may never know.

Yesterday I made myself a new baby wallet. I've been getting tired of having to empty out my regular sized wallet every time I use a small clutch, so I finally got around to making myself a miniature one that will fit in any and all of my purses.
So I know several of you guys asked for a tutorial on the skirts I've been making, and I still want to do one of those in the future, but would you be interested in a mini-wallet tutorial? They're actually really simple and take only about 15-20 minutes to make once you get the hang of it. And they're super cheap, too, because they don't use much fabric. Anyways, let me know if you'd be interested, and based on your responses I may or may not do one.