Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Red Couch

A few of you guys commented on my post yesterday wondering how I do indoor pictures without them looking 100% terrible (I'm paraphrasing). The answer is that I just happen to be super lucky and work in a shop that has awesome track lighting, so I can get great lighting as long as stand in the right spot. Obviously I don't use flash - an evil creation if there ever was one - and then I just do a bit of brightening and color fixing on my computer to make them a tad less dark and yellow.

I really do prefer outdoor pictures, though. It's just that my current situation doesn't allow for me to go running around outside, so I make do with what I have.
Blazer: F21 --- Top and Belt: Thrifted --- Skirt: Handmade --- Purse: Target
Rings: Handmade --- Shoes: Payless
This is my favorite couch ever. We have it in the shoe section so wee little lads and lasses can have a proportionate place to sit while their mom's shove shoes on their feet. I kid of feel like a giant sitting on it, but I basically am I giant no matter what chair I sit in so that's nothing new.

Anyways, I hope you all had lovely weekends. Mine was pretty boring, but I suppose there's nothing wrong with a boring weekend every now and then. You would think with all the bored time I had, I would have done a mini wallet tutorial like I said I would, but yeah... I'm not even going to try and make an excuse for why I didn't. Are you still dusting your sewing machines? It's OK, you can probably stop that now.

And one quick question before I leave you....What is your favorite eyeshadow? I'm on the hunt for a neutral (nothing colorful, just some nice shimmery skin tones and browns) pallet, preferably a trio or quad, but a duo would be OK too if it was super awesome. I've tried most of the available options at Target and haven't found any that I like yet, so if you have a favorite that you really like, please let me know and I'll check it out!