Friday, May 20, 2011

I Be Floral-y

Cardigan: Target --- Brooch: Etsy/Brydferth --- Top, Belt, And Skirt: Thrifted --- Pumps: Nordstroms/Seychelles --- Purse: Forever21 --- Rings: Handmade
Yesterday was such a nice day I decided to get off my lazy butt and do some shopping (which, you know, is such a burden). I did have to walk there since no one was around to give me a ride and I'm a turkey and don't drive, but it was positively lovely outside so I didn't mind at all. The only sad part about walking is that I can't wear as cute of shoes as I would like to, since generally speaking none of my cutesy heels are the type of shoes I'd feel comfortable walking a few miles in.

I only got a few things at the thrift shop, but they are pretty nice things so I was happy with the trip. My favorite find was probably this red tank top that I'm wearing today. It's Anne Taylor and has some cute pleating/tucking around the top. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the foolish, foolish woman in my town that bought it, left the tags on, never wore it, and then donated it to a thrift shop so little 'ol lucky me could score it for only $7. Brand new, people, brand new.
Anyways, I also went to the fabric store yesterday to get some fabric to make a mini wallet tutorial! I'm not sure how my time will go, but I'm hoping to do it tonight when I get home and put together the tutorial to post tomorrow or on Saturday. So dust off those old (or new) sewing machines of yours and get ready to make the cutest little wallet you'll ever own. Oh, and I'm going to give away the wallet I make for the tutorial, so be sure not to miss it! :)