Sunday, October 10, 2010

Here Not There: Seychelles Shopping

So it's no secret that I think Seychelles shoes are the most gorgeous things to ever exist on this earth, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I do not have the money to fund my obsession. If I ever happen to be rich, though, you can be sure that I will be stocking up my closet from top to bottom with a whole lot of Seychelles goodness.

Even if I am rich someday, however, I will still want to get the best deal on my shoes as I can. So I sat down today and did some price comparison amongst the Seychelles Footwear online shop, Urban Outfitters, and ModCloth (both UO and MC stock some styles of Seychelles shoes).

Note: From hereafter, UrbanOutfitters will be referred to as UO, and ModCloth will be referred to as MC.

In most cases, the Seychelles Footwear shop had the best deals. There were a few exceptions, but I'll get to those at the end.


There were two cases in which UO and MC's regularly priced Seychelles shows were cheaper than at the Seychelles Footwear shop, but the difference was minimal...


So by now you may be thinking, "Well gee, why would anyone ever buy Seychelles shoes from Urban Outfitters or ModCloth?" In most cases, that's good thinking. Don't pay more for the shoes than you have to. But if you are ever considering getting a pair of Seychelles shoes, always check at UO or ModCloth to see of they have that style there.

The reason for this is that shoes in the Seychelles Footwear shop don't go on sale. Urban Outfitters and ModCloth, however, do mark down shoes. There weren't any currently on sale at ModCloth, but UO had two pairs marked down to dramatically lower prices.

Nordstroms also carries some styles of Seychelles. Regularly priced Nordstrom's Seychelles are all $0.05 than at the Seychelles Footwear shop, so it's not much of a difference, but they do have a few styles on sale for up to 50% off. Check out their selection HERE. I did not include their pics and prices in this blog, however, because their site is really boring to browse. Make your site cooler, Nordstroms!

Anyways, be a smart shopper, always check around before you buy!