Saturday, October 2, 2010

Phoenix, awake









Photo by Lua L.

Silver silk Burberry dress coat
Red raw silk Lira Leirner dress
Gray Valentino leather belt
Givenchy tights
Red Prada patent platform heels
Black rubber Longchamp bag
Black Yorkshire Pearl bracelet
Red Chanel lipstick

For the second run of the BL retrospective at the Cinemateca Brasileira, which incidentally is based in a beautiful building through whose glass floors you can see the relics of previous train lines that ran through the ground and is a former slaughter house - a fact that made me think of the butcher turned fashion artist and the parallels of these worlds which I'd like to question Bert of Yorkshire Pearl on once I get a chance. In line with some emotional upheaval I had been through that day, I chose to dress in red and gray- silver, a contrast that reminds me of my favourite conceptual animal - the Phoenix. Ashes upon fire, living through the deaths in a manner to merely be reborn stronger. I wore a layered shoulder emphasized Burberry short sleeve trench to bring out the winged creature I felt such an affinity with.