Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am a Professional Seamstress

... OK, so maybe not. But I am taking a beginning sewing class and was the the first one to finish my project this week.
I've been using my mom's ancient (well, not ancient, but it's older than I am, so it's old) sewing machine, which is actually quite nice and makes the loveliest sound when it sews. And it has the coolest brand name ever: Pfaff. Just say it out loud, I guarantee it will make you smile.

So anywho, this week in sewing class we made pillowcases. And not just any old pillowcases, but decorative pillowcases. Three different fabrics!

Mine turned out pretty fabulously, if I do say so myself. I love the polka dot fabric that I found on sale at Joann's and think it makes a great body for the case.

Unfortunately, my bedspread is brown... so I don't really know why I bought black and white fabric. Hm.