Monday, October 4, 2010

Vintage Finds

I saw this over-sized vintage sweater and pair of lace-up oxfords at BeckyDrolen today, and it struck me how much they look exactly like something you'd find in Urban Outfitters. You'd be hard pressed, however, to find a sweater like this for less than $24 at UO. In fact, you'd probably be looking at twice as much, if not more.

I recently decided I am going to stop buying clothes for a while. That's because a) I have a closet full of clothes already and don't need any more, and b) I need to save my money instead of spend it. I'm kind of bummed about that, though, because in just the past week I've been doing some fairly intense vintage browsing on Etsy and I just can't believe how great of deals you can get compared to getting your clothes from Urban Outfitters, ModCloth, or similar places. Are those good stores? Absolutely they are. But they are often times more expensive, and their products aren't put together as well as real vintage clothing is.

So basically I am itching at the collar to buy some of these awesome pieces I've been coming across on Etsy. I shall resist, however. Wish me luck!