Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SEPHORA HAUL

After my hair appointment I decided to make the most of my free Saturday afternoon [since I can't remember the last time that I whipped out my credit card for something other than gas for my car].

Where did I go?

Well if you didn't read the heading... I stopped by Sephora.


:)

Out of all of the items that I picked up, and I picked up A LOT, my favorite has to be the (ITEM #1) Sephora brand Mineral Loose Powder Foundation in shade Medium (25).


($19)

Last time I stopped by Sephora I decided to break down (fork over the cash) and try the Bare Escentuals kit. So far I LOVE it, and all that it has been doing for my face... But the one downfall is the price. I figured I would try out the Sephora brand, which offered both more product and a lower price. Talk about SOLD!

The lovely ladies at Sephora, eager to help me spend my hard earned cash of course, helped me find a PERFECT foundation match!!!

So far, 3 days into using the foundation, just like the Bare Escentuals foundation ($25), I have yet to have a negative reaction to the makeup. The Sephora foundation provides great cover in addition to the Sephora Buildable Cover Concealer ($16) that I have been using for the last month or so.
If you love Bare Escentuals, or have never tried a mineral foundation, I highly recommend that you give the Sephora brand a try, especially at only $19!!

ITEM #2: Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder by LORAC.


I scored it for $9 as opposed to its original retail price of $32 thanks to an advertising error and my good eye!!!

I've only used this powder twice since purchasing it, but so far so good. It adds just the right amount of shimmer to my cheek bones. I just have to be careful not to OVER APPLY this stuff--I was playing around with it when I got home from my shopping spree and ended up just a LITTLE BIT TOO SHINY (i.e. I looked like a Glow-Worm on Crack).


ITEM #3: Cargo 7 in 7 Mini Kit


I'm just going to do a quick review of this item since I don't really love the entire kit, but I also don't hate it. I do have to say that out of the 7 items I definitely Like/Love 4 of them.

My Top Picks:

OneBase--a concealer and foundation in one. This works like WONDERS as an under eye concealer!
Lash Activator--funny story; I have been looking for a new mascara, one that gives me volume, lasts all day, and makes my lashes go "POW/BAM/WOAH!"... So far I think the Cargo Lash Activator is my favorite. Only time will tell.
Classic Gloss--I love the wet look that this gloss gives... and the fact that there is no stickiness to the gloss... oh and the natural pink that the gloss gives to my lips...
BeachBlush--I will most likely buy this product in the larger size as soon as I go through the sample. I heart this bronzer/blush for its perfect combination of bronzer and blush, and for the fact that I don't find it to be too shimmery/loaded with glitter. I find it very hard to find a bronzer that isn't LOADED with shine, and then when I do find one, the tone just isn't right for my skin tone.

Now for my dislikes of this kit:
First and foremost, I absolutely DISLIKE the fact that the eyeshadow and BeachBlush are attached to the box. I would love to be able to take those two items OUT OF THE DAMN BOX instead of having to lug the thing around with me.
As so the eyeshadow, I find it too flakey and it stings my eyes something terrible. Also, the colors aren't really right with my skin tone, although the kit is for my skin tone... the shadow colors and my eyes don't really mix.
The Reverse Lip Liner is pretty cool, but it's pretty much pointless for me.
Same goes for the eyeliner. I'm not a big eye liner person... I'm trying to work it into my daily routine, but I think that I would like doing it more if I had funner (not a word) colors to work with instead of black, brown, and grey. I just find that it blocks my eyes up too much and closes them up as opposed to making them look bigger.

**For some reason Sephora is no longer listing CARGO items... instead Ulta has the CARGO line. Strange. Especially since I JUST purchased this kit from Sephora 3 days ago...


I picked up a few other items as well, but I'm a bit tired and I've got to get up early tomorrow morning to sit on babies babysit.

Be sure to check back later today and tomorrow, I'll be posting pics from last week and of the new hair-do... well more like color. I just chopped off a half an inch lol, and kept everything else pretty much normal. Oooh also, I found a new nail polish AND a few new songs/bands that I think you all should know about!

Promise to post soon!

Goodnight lovelies!!!