Monday, March 22, 2010

OBVIOUSLY

It has been made painfully clear to me, by myself, that I have TOO many hair products in my shower.
Let me be clarify that further and say that I have TOO MANY shampoos and conditioners in my shower/bathroom.

Exhibit A:


That's 15 if you counted them...

Seriously?! I am one woman, granted ONE woman with very temperamental hair, but ONE woman nonetheless. What in the world do I need 15 different shampoos and conditioners for?

Well... I could justify most of them:

The Paul Mitchell products are there because I LOVE PAUL MITCHELL!
That stuff does WONDERS to my hair! I love the way it smells. If and when I can afford to, after all of this other non-sense hair stuff is used up I will have nothing but Paul Mitchell in my shower! (That's going to be a beautiful day)     :)

The Matrix (orange bottle) products make my hair feel like... GLORIOUS. I consider that shampoo and conditioner to be my "going out" shampoo and conditioner. After using it my hair comes out so soft and shiny, with NO FRIZZ, even after I take the blow dryer and straightener to it.
However the Matrix stuff is ONLY my "going out" shampoo and conditioner because I can't use it daily. My hair, as previously stated, is VERY temperamental. I cannot condition my hair everyday. If I do it gets greasy extremely fast... and my hair just sucks up moisture and dirtyness like you wouldn't believe. Also, I have to wash my hair EVERYDAY. There is no waiting anything over 24 hours after a washing. My hair must be washed everyday or else it's just UGH, EW, GROSS, NOT GOOD. Like I said... temperamental.

The Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and condition SMELL great, but it's not strong enough for my hair. I would have to use TONS of the conditioner for my hair to come out comb-able of the shower. I picked this stuff up right after it came out and I basically got both bottles for FREE because of two mail in rebates... and you know how I like FREE stuff, so I couldn't turn down the offer.

The Herbal Essences stuff is the only 2-in-1 product I have and I hate 2-in-1's. They just do NOT work with my hair. I picked this up while staying part time in Towson with the ex when I would shower at his place... basically this was purchased for convenience and because I like the smell.

The Aussie conditioner is great. Works great, smells great. Down to the last bit, then I'll be able to throw out the bottle and stick to my PM stuff.

I've got the Head and Shoulders conditioner and the equate dandruff shampoo because during the winter my scalp gets really dry... but then again I don't use that stuff that often.

Hmm what's left?
Oh yeah, the Bedhead stuff. I got this as a gift. Not really my thing. I think all of their line makes my hair OVERLY greasy, no matter how little I use. I should just throw it away. Probably will now that I think about it.

Finally the Garnier Fructis curly shampoo and conditioner... well that's a DUH there... I'm a naturally curly/deep wavy girl who mostly hates to embrace her curly roots. SOMETIMES I just suck it up and embrace the curl/wave, or when I'm lazy I do it then. I'm almost out of the shampoo and have half a bottle left of conditioner. Once it's gone, it's gone. I'll pick up some PM curly shampoo after I am out of everything else!

Whew... too much crap. Seriously