Sunday, November 28, 2010

Outfit: Snow Day

It snowed last week and you would have thought the whole of Oregon had not seen a snowflake before. I logged on to facebook and I'd estimate over 90% of my friends' status updates were along the lines of,"It's Snowing!". So I looked outside to see this wondrous event that had everyone in a tizzy, and was frustrated to find I couldn't see any snow. I actually had to walk outside in the cold in order to see the teeny tiny microscopic flakes that were falling. Lame!

And of course, because snow is soooo dangerous (I'm being sarcastic, if you can't tell), school was canceled. For this:
Only in Oregon...

Anyways, to prove how much I couldn't care less about freaking 2 millimeters of snow, I did my picture outside. Take that, Mother Nature.
Thrifted Mock-Neck Sweater: $1.64, St. Vincent de Paul's
Black Skinny Jeans: $22.42, Alloy
Gray Socks: $?, Unknown (Gift)
Black Union Bay Heels: $18.06, Kohl's
Striped Scarf: $2.50, Kohl's
Cut-Out Circles Stretch Bracelet: $4, Charlotte Russe

I went to St. Vinnie's for the first time the other day and was pretty impressed with it. Very neat and organized, and I didn't leave feeling like I needed to run home and wash my hands. I found 4 tops that I really liked and when I took them to the counter to check out, this is the conversation that took place:

Checker Dude: "Find everything OK?"
Me: "Yup."
[Checker Dude quickly looks at the tops I put on the counter and then punches some numbers on his register]
Checker Dude: "$6.54"
Me: [Silent, because I'm waiting for him to ring up the rest of the shirts]
Checker Dude: "Uhm... $6.54?"
Me: "What, for all of them?"
Checker Dude: "Uh, yeah."
Me: "No way!"
Checker Dude: "All the clothes are 50% off today."
Me: "Marry me."

OK, so I didn't ask him to marry me, but I was pretty happy.