Monday, November 15, 2010

Music Monday: The Temper Trap

Confession: I had never seen a picture of The Temper Trap before Googling them for this blog. I have their debut album Conditions and have listened to it numerous time and totally love it, but until about 15 minutes ago I had no clue what any of the band members looked like. Thinking about it more, though, I've come to realize that's quite common for me, as I can think of a several other bands I like/love that I wouldn't be able to identify if asked. I suppose I've never thought about that before. Weird.

You've probably heard The Temper Trap before, but you probably didn't know it. Their hit single, Sweet Disposition, has been used is several commercials and in the movie (500) Days of Summer (which happens to be my first exposure to The Temper Trap and is what inspired me to look up the soundtrack to see who sang that freaking awesome song). It's by far the best song from the CD, but there are some other good ones, too. Check out Love Lost, Down River, Fader, and Drum Song, which has no words but is an impressive instrumental.

Oh, and Love Lost has the weirdest music video you will ever see. I had to watch it twice to make sure the first time really happened.

Conditions

1. Love Lost*^
2. Rest
3. Sweet Disposition*^
4. Down River*
5. Soldier On
6. Fader*
7. Fools
8. Resurrection
9. Science of Fear^
10. Drum Song*

*Personal Favs
^Music Videos


A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs.