Saturday, November 13, 2010

FOREVER 21 MINI PURCHASE

I mentioned earlier that I did a little mall browsing while in MD.

I ended up stopping by Sephora (I couldn't avoid that place if I tried) for a new batch of foundation and ended up picking up a new mineral foundation brush because mine is completely SHOT.

Because I couldn't help myself, I wondered into Forever 21 and ended up leaving with a new casual jacket:

[$24.87]

{If you click the link for the jacket}
I personally don't think that the jacket is flattering on the model AT ALL!
According to Forever 21's site, the model is 5'9" and is wearing a size 1X. Well I picked up a size 2X (because 1X wasn't available), and that is how it looks on me ^^ (with my hand in my pocket) ^^.
I've had my measurements posted on the right side of my blog for a while now, so you all know my sizing... I am just very perplexed as to the HUGE (and I don't mean that in an insulting/weight comment way) difference in my image and the models with this jacket on, based on the sizing info that the website gives.
I dunno, I just don't think it looks good on the model or makes sense... see for yourself:


I picked an image that is roughly similar to the one that I'm making in my photo for the comparison. 

I'll have to make sure I get more pictures of it with whatever outfits I throw together this fall (using the jacket) so that I can give you all a better idea of how it looks, especially since I harped on how it looks on the model.

I went into F21 looking for a faux leather jacket in black, something I could get on the cheap for a very casual look for when it gets chillier outside and I don't feel like throwing on a heavy jacket--I've got a brown, but I desperately need a black. My wardrobe would be near complete then lol.

Anywho--I found this jacket in grey--which is fine, and honestly it'll do the job I want it to do for the next month or so, and then in the spring. I just needed an easy, lite, casual cover up that would go well with my jeans and boots. I think I did okay.

For 20 bucks, and from F21, it's not too bad.