Monday, November 8, 2010

Music Monday: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yeah Yeah Yeahs are my 3rd most favorite band. Actually, I'm making that up. I don't have a list of favorite bands. But I do like them very much, so should I ever decide to compose such a list they would certainly earn a high place.

I must confess I haven't really listened to their CD Show Your Bones very much. My first exposure to them was through their most recent album It's Blitz!, and after listening to that one about a million times, I found it hard to go back and listen to their previous work. Does anyone else have that problem? I did that with Death Cab for Cutie, too. I heard their most recent CD and fell in love, but when I went back and got all of their previous albums it was kinda a let down.

Anyways, that's why I didn't pick any favorites from Show Your Bones. I haven't listened to it enough to have formulated any opinions about which songs are my favorite.





Show Your Bones

1. Gold Lion
2. Way Out
3. Fancy
4. Phenomena
5. Honeybear
6. Cheated Hearts
7. Dudley
8. Mysteries
9. The Sweets
10. Warrior
11. Turn Into

It's Blitz!

1. Zero
2. Heads Will Roll*
3. Soft Shock
4. Skeletons
5. Dull Life**
6. Shame and Fortune
7. Runaway*
8. Dragon Queen
9. Hysteric*
10. Little Shadow
*Fairly awesome
**Probably like the greatest song ever


As usual, you can find any of the songs on YouTube.