Friday, November 26, 2010

Fashion Bloggers in Front of the Camera

Although the Portmanteau is officially hibernating during the wintry months fittingly alongside the claim to hedgehog-hood in case someone prompted me to a choice in an animal existence, I am continuing to write behind online doors.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs242.snc1/8934_512799965312_271100244_575792_4984280_n.jpg

However, the one aspect which does not slow down as much as my breathing is my reading so this week I simply couldn't resist sharing that I'm proud of my fellow fashion bloggers who brace the cold to plough on with their Louboutins on crispy, crunchy, crystalised early morning frost and a sharp wind blowing into the weaves of their cashmere berets.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DeverIwvj9g/TOvzzx3Sj_I/AAAAAAAAfyM/4KOKnQlKLUU/s640/Benetton_05Nov2010_0142.jpg

Kristin Knox aka The Clothes Whisperer during a Style Whispering Session at United Colors of Benetton, donning the ultimate early winter look. Image by Darrel Hunter


Today, as I am behind the scenes, behind barely open doors and generally in a state of not-in-front, I'll show you those who made that leap from writing behind a screen and taking images from behind a camera to speaking on screen in front of a camera about what they do when they are behind the camera.

Emily from Fashion Foie Gras, my daily Bible, discussing the power of fashion blogging and how much we love what we do in an interview for Crane.tv in true business-like fashion, looking simply amazing. I look forward to witnessing the Fashion Foie Gras in five years (and all the time until then)!













A while back I got invited to attend the inspiring "Shape What's to Come" event on the day I was flying across the Atlantic, an event I wouldn't have missed for anything if I'd been in the country. Kristin from The Clothes Whisperer joins an inspiring panel and belts out the now famous "Canape and Champagne diet" comment that has been quoted across the fashion blogger world, which I had so far only heard of in written form. Just this morning she shared a clip where that moment is captured on camera! Leave it to Kristin to lighten up the mood with her frank and witty ways.




A bit behind on the reading here, I've caught up with Alex Loves posts and came across a clip in which she talks about her year from unknown blogger to Chanel front row first ever featured blogger with many close ups of her cute board and a lovely pony tail do. This was an interview with Crane.tv as well albeit in a different, more personal direction, making a very interesting point about the choice between self-preservation and anonymity in contrast to putting yourself out there.













Well done, girls! I'm proud to know you.