Sunday, August 29, 2010

Emmy Red Carpet Dress Watch

While my dear Emily from Fashion Foie Gras is keeping me updated with immediate screenshots of the best dresses, here are some of my favourites so far, I will keep updating this post until the end so keep coming back!

Images taken from Wikifashion


One of the "talks of the internet" Heidi Klum opts for this frilly Marchesa number everyone seems to love and I therefore feel obliged to talk about. I personally don't particularly like it and this is a clear case of needing to tell her "Sometimes showing less is more, you know?" Two inches longer skirt, and it would be a different story.



Love, love LOVE this Versace dress on January Jones. Although I would have given her either nude or cream/very light yellow shoes to match her hair (or just as electric blue satin to match the dress), not black. Or at least give her a black clutch, the poor girl doesn't seem to know what to do with her hands!



Not usually a fan of asymmetrical lines but this Zuhair Murad dress simply works with the gorgeous texture of the fabric and Nina Dobrev's broad shoulders (in comparison to the rest of her too-tiny body).



I'm much on the fence about this one. I love Tina Fey and despite her expression on here she's looking gorgeous. However much I love sheer layers with black and brighter colors playing, I don't like the actual pattern used here, which seem to me quite early 90s inspired (in a bad way). I would actually prefer a cleaner version of this Oscar de la Renta dress.



I like the dress itself, especially how the pattern denses the further down and wider is goes, but don't think it really suits Kathy Griffin's coloring. Her body looks gorgeous, though, obviously.



Oh how I love it when a woman's coloring is taken into account during their outfit choices. The red of this tasty Erdem piece fabulously matches Carrie Preston's luscious dark red-brown hair and to top it off, comes with the complementary color of red - green! And the shoes go with the earrings, the three color rule is taken and painted to perfection!



Beautifully layered Issey Miyake type dress in a gorgeous plum color which brings out the bright blue eyes of Emily Deschanel. I do think the asymmetric addition was unnecessary and unbalances the look, though.



Actually surprisingly one of my favourites tonight. Simple yet supple and silky I am loving the "walked through flowery mud" hint in contrast with a perfectly smiling Tony Colette



Beautiful layering of nude pink on black with a frilly top - not sure about the belt. Dianna Agron in Carolina Herrera



The crown of the town, the talk of the internet - it's Anna Paquin in the Alexander McQueen gold embellished little black dress. Faultless.



Stephanie Pratt in a nicely matched B&W ensemble



Simple but gorgeous, except I would have worn it with these Dior shoes (take note, whoever styled Lo Bosworth)




Navy blue always strikes a chord with me and is gorgeously pulled of here by Jayma Mays in Burberry




By the by - worst outfit of the evening hands down. Sorry, Lauren Graham.

Apologies for not listing some of the designers actually worn. I shall be updating the post as I go along, and the information will land here eventually! Feel free to comment and let me know if you know!