Wednesday, August 4, 2010

COOTD TEST TAKER

I had a test in ATL today...
I kicked it's ass.
End of Story.

The attire for the test required Business/Casual... my interpretation of that meant NO NYLONS/PANTYHOSE/TIGHTS! Have you experienced ATL in the summer?! It is effing hot here. If I wore NYs/PHs/TIGHTS I would melt... it wouldn't be a pretty sight; me sweating that much. Because as I currently stand, I'm a sweater... not a cozy sweater that you wear in the winter time, but a SWEAT-eR!

I blame it on my long legs...
No, seriously. I walk fast, unintentionally, but I just do. I don't like to be anywhere late, so I always arrive early, but I still walk like I'm in a rush, even though I'm not.
Really I could just blame the sweaty genes on my Uh-Uh... Remember, I have some of her vintage clothing. There are blazers of hers that she literally pinned extra fabric in the arm pits due to her sweaty-ness. Kind gross, but not when you remove the fabric and Double dry clean the clothing, but also pretty smart if you think about it. You have to sweat through the extra fabric before it gets to and ruins your clothing.
Smart lady, my fashionable Uh-Uh.

Getting back to my outfit:

Top: Ann Taylor Button Blouse
Bottom: unknown Scalloped Skirt [Marshalls]
Shoes: Franco Sarto Peep Toe Suede Wedges [eBay]
Watch: Michael Kors [mentioned and purchased through here]



Sorry for the crap-tastic photo... My camera is deceased and until I vacate the [real job] Unemployment Club, I will be relying on my camera phone until it goes ka-put. I also apologize for the lack of image of my bottom half, including the shoes. I was in a hurry, it was 6AM, I wanted to beat the Henry County traffic into ATL.

Oh, I would also like to vent/mention that the clothing that some people wear, regardless of I don't know what word/phrase I'm trying to use... I just think that individuals dress WAY TO CASUAL for work, especially those who work in government buildings, those who work in finance, and just overall, those who work in office buildings. Flip-flops, no matter how jeweled up they are, are STILL JUST FLIP-FLOPS and they shouldn't be worn in an office setting, neither should polo shirts or short sleeved striped button ups... that last one is just a personal pet peeve of mine, simply because I think that short sleeved striped button ups are U-G-L-Y.
Like I said, just a personal thing.

On a lighter, happier note:
Bonnie acquired 3 kittens this evening. All of whom were abandoned by their mother and still need to be bottle fed. I have been rounded up to help, and already one has decided that I am its. I've named him Charlie-Horse. No reason, just because, well maybe I had a strong love for all things LambChop related and I grew up loving that show and just happened to be talking about it the other day with some friends and it was on my mind tonight--quite possibly that is where he got his name.
:)
I don't know if she is planning on keeping them or just aiding the shelter/hospital and nursing them back to health to be later given to welcoming homes. I guess I will find out the full details later.

Now I am hitting the haaaaaay!

Adios Muchachos!