Monday, August 9, 2010

THE ROMANTICS by GALT NIEDERHOFFER

Currently reading The Romantics by Galt Niederhoffer...


Via


In a few months, I will be watching the movie:



So far, five chapters in, I like this book. From the looks of the preview, the movie seems to follow the book rather closely, but naturally there are some differences--it's what happens when you go from a book to a movie.

As a midway review, I like the characters. All of which are easily identifiable; especially if you are a part of a tight knit group of friends. The story is about 9 college friends who are called 'the romantics' for the way that their group inter-mingled with one another throughout their college days. At present day all have paired up (married, engaged, dating)... and are attending the wedding of Lila and Tom. Laura, the main character, and Lila were college roomies... Laura dated Tom first... Laura still loves Tom... and Tom, well I'm not that far into the book but I have my suspicions and predictions about how the story will turn out.

I recommend giving this book a try, or just the movie (when it comes out) if you are one of those "I'll see the movie instead of reading the book" kind of people. Starring Katie Holmes (bla, I lost interest in her after her Dawson days), Josh Duhamel, Anna Paquin (True Blood--hollar), Adam Brody, Elija Woods, and Malin Åkerman (she played the sister in 27 Dresses--I normally don't like her acting, but she seems to fit her character well, and it seems as though her acting might be somewhat on point in this movie--hopefully), and many, many other actors! It's a star studded event :)

I'm going to get back to the book now. It will be a relatively short read for me (total pages under 280), plus I need to get it back to the library tonight. I've held onto it for a few weeks now, and just decided to crack it open today.



Have any of you read this book? What books are you reading this summer? Recommendations?
I do love a good book! (it's the book nerd in me)