Friday, August 6, 2010

BLOG ROLLING

Thanks to my favorite BonBonRose Ladies and twitter, I tumbled across a new blog today and fell in Blog-Love with Curly in the City. Not only are her posts amusing, but her fashions sense is completely on point (and she likes to shop--that's my kind of blogger friend)!

I've never been good at "talking people up" so just do me a flavor-fav and go check out her blog, if you're anything like me, its going to get added to your blog-roll in a heartbeat.

What put me over the edge was this blog post and the image below:

[J. Crew Brompton Hobo $298.00 item 29063]
 You all know how I'm a sucker for all things accessory!

Well this bag from J.Crew is what I want. I want to take it to grad school with me (once I get accepted--after I finish my applications, lol--I should really get on that by the way). I want to shove my laptop and books in it and be forced to fish around in it for hours looking for a pen or an extra tin of Rosebud Salve that I know I had in it somewhere...

I'm a dork, bear with my flashforward fantasy in which I tote around campus with this bag on my shoulder.

Of course, I won't be purchasing this bag anytime soon. Specifically because of its price tag, well nevermind, ONLY because of its price tag. This beauty is wayyy out of my price range--I think I could substitute my UggFundChangeJar for a JCrewBromptonHoboChangeJar... or I could talk to the girl at my new job who works for J. Crew and see if she can hook me up with her discount... maybe?! She has offered the option to me before. I might have to take her up on her offer; it's too good to resist. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to go apply to J. Crew and work there for a month or so until I can get the discount myself :) -- nah, but that is my last resort plan.

I really, REALLY want this bag!

Italian leather... adjustable and removable strap... available in three colors... ooh I'm melting!

Here is a picture of the inside so you can melt right along with me; or so you can envision the lovely future that this bag and I have together.

Note: My brother just walked into the kitchen and said: "So Blogmaster, (that's his new name for me after he discovered that I had a blog, and after I defined what a blog was, and what the purpose of a blog was...) What are you blogging about today... ooh, What bag do you want now? (after looking over my shoulder at the words on the page) Oh, so what, you just attach it to your blog?... Ok."
He proceeded to walk away when I started talking about how I wanted to put my laptop in my bag and take it to grad school with me.
What?!

Now, back to the insides... lol


Isn't it pretty...


Okay, I'm going to go start/restart/do something to the thing I am calling my admission essay.
Enough bag dreaming for now.

Anyone have any J. Crew gift cards they want to donate to the Chuck Needs a Big Girl/Adult Bag to Take to Graduate/Law School fund?!

I kid, I kid... or maybe I don't...

:)