Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CORDS. NO, THE NOT MUSICAL ONES, SILLY.

I, well no, I shouldn't start off with a lie right away... The Hooker snagged the August '10 J. Crew catalog two weeks ago when I was back home for the weddings. I've been non-stop paging through it since she made me put it in my purse since she didn't want to hold it.

[That's a key factor in our friend-lationship, the Hooker never carries stuff when we go out, I'm usually lugging around my honker of a bag, and she usually just ends up storing all of her stuff in it by the time we leave where ever we are... in the case of two weeks ago, we were in Christiana Mall in Delaware, and her wallet, J. Crew catalog, and I forget what else, were the items in my bag, along with my purchases, at the end of our shopping trip. Like I said, it's typical. I'm not complaining... really I'm just commenting on the usual-ality and comfort that that hanging out with the Hooker brings. The normalcy of it--since being here in GA I've lost that--since all of my friends are back in MD. So as I was saying, the Hooker puts her stuff in my big ass bag because it's normal, and that's just how it goes when we go out. I could go into the mooching that stems all the way back to our sophomore year of high school, but if I did that she would kill me. We moochers have to stick together. If I didn't call her the Hooker, it really says that in my phone by the way, I would call her moocher. By now it is just a term of endearment; a 'Hey!' to the olden days of our friendship. But I'll stop now and get back to the real reason for my post.]

Since I got my hands on the August catalog, via the Hooker, I have been obsessing over the possibilities that I could have for my fall wardrobe. As soon as the weather turned warm, all that I've wanted to do was go somewhere cold so that I could wear my boots and a pair of jeans; oh! and a scarf too, I do love a nice cozy scarf. God, I a dork, just listen to me.

Well moving to GA has not helped my dreams for boot-weather. It has been RIDICULOUSLY hot down here! No jeans... maybe 3 times I've worn them this summer. That is a HUGE thing for me by the way; I always wear jeans. I love jeans. They make me happy and comfortable, and well they love me back. :)

Anywho, I've been waiting to wear jeans, been slowly acquiring jeans on the sale rack all summer, and now as the August catalogs and fall looks start appearing I am FREAKING READY FOR FALL--where are my boots?--let's go; I'm ready!.

To kick off my first official fall purchase, I picked up these from J. Crew tonight. Just a simple pair of cords, but a simple pair of cords with a hidden agenda.


I picked them to try and recreate this look from the August '10 J. Crew catalog.



Now, I know that in the above look the model is wearing a simple pair of gray skinnies; however, I feel that a pair of gray cords would add so much more texture to the outfit, and look better. That's my opinion, and dammit, I'm gonna roll with it!

My plan, whenever the cords arrive, is to try and recreate this outfit, and definitely work the cords themselves, into my fall wardrobe. I've never actually owned a pair of cords before; only tried them on and admired them from afar. Also, back during my try-on-cord stage, skinnies were not it, and all of the cords just fit me funny. I'm pretty comfortable with J. Crew's jeans/pants sizing, and with skinnies in general, so I have a feeling that these pants can work for me. Plus, I don't yet have a pair of gray pants, and I've been dying to get a pair for a while. I've got everything else in the photo--basic staples in my wardrobe--although, I am working on acquiring a new pair of boots. Working on it; don't know when or how, but I'll have a new pair sometime this fall. Maybe they will be a Congrats on getting into grad school present to myself... of course after I finish applying/after I get in.

Another plus: These cords are marked down from $79.50 to $19.99. Tons of sizes are still available, as are colors. Also, there are similar styles on J. Crew's website for fall that are NEW; just in more military style coloring [i.e. more fall-ish colors]. However, I feel like the range of colors for the sale pants are not bad. If you're interested, I recommed checking them out. I'll let you know my official review as soon as they come in--maybe the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

I'm excited.

Now off to bed.
Working a double tomorrow, starting my first day to bartender training, and I didn't get ANY sleep last night--go figure [stress/drama/shitty dreams suck].

See you all later!