Monday, June 28, 2010

EAT THE FOOD TINA!

So Saturday began like any other Saturday.

I woke up.

But this time I woke up in a bed--as opposed to the floor that I had been sleeping on since I moved to Georgia! I'm a big girl now! I've got a bed! Woo!

Following the somewhat uneventful wake up, I headed to the pool in the golf cart with Bonnie and the kiddies. Lucky and Nicole met us later. Around 3 o'clock I left the pool, got home, checked my voice mail and lo and be hold I had a missed call from a job!

Woop!

Good new: JOB -- Bad news: They wanted me in last minute at 5 to help them out.

Well I wasn't going to say no.

So I rushed like a mad woman, showered off my sunscreen and chlorine, did my hair and drove to the outlets to pick up clothes for work. On my way I called Banana Republic and asked if they could pull all black pants and shirts in my size. As soon as I walked in the girl at the counter asked if I was me... she could probably tell by the frantic-crazed-sweaty look on my face!

I was literally in and out of the store in 15 minutes with a new uniform for my new job. I had the BEST customer service experience of my life. It was so good that I went back today to tell the girls manager. She seemed proud. I hope the girl gets a raise or point or a better employee discount or something.

Getting back to the point:

I busted my butt at the new job, a restaurant obviously (black on black uniform), and honestly had a good time. I never realized how much I missed the crazy fast paced environment of a restaurant.

I go back tomorrow and Wednesday for serving staff and then this weekend I go back and work in the kitchen... Not bad.

I'm still working at the tire place; I'll just go in after I get off in the day time from the restaurant--ugh it's going to be 90 tomorrow.

Eff.