Saturday, June 12, 2010

(500) Days of Summer

"This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know up front, this is not a love story."
Starring:
Zooey Deschanel
&
Joseph Gordon-Levitt...Who you may or may not remember from Angels in the Outfield,
Or as the nerdy kid in 10 Things I Hate About You.
So anyways, I had seen the previews for this movie and it looked somewhat interesting, but I didn't get around to watching it until a few months ago (it came out in '09). My main reason for wanting to watch it is because I really like Zooey Deschanel's style and because I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt is super cute. Shallow, I know.

I was really surprised by how much I liked it. It's not your typical love story, and the quote at the top of this post is a completely accurate way to sum up the entire movie (that's the opening line from the movie, by the way). It was very imaginative, and I thought that all the sets and costumes were perfect for the whole feel of the movie.

At one point in the movie a whole street of people break out into song and dance and a couple of cartoon birds start flying around. It was great. :)

The only part I didn't like was right at the very end when some lady (I won't give out any details and spoil it) says her name is Autumn. That part was just a little too cheesy for me. But that was about 5 seconds out of the whole movie so I can live with that.

Overall though, I really liked it. If only Joseph Gordon-Levitt were taller... *sigh*.