Sunday, June 13, 2010

Coco Rocha Loves Wedding Jewelry

A friend of mine from church that's getting married asked me if I would like to make bridesmaids rings for her wedding (and I said yes. Surprise!). Had I planned ahead, I would have made them during the day time so I could take some better pictures. As it was, however, I waited until 11pm when there was no natural light to be found. So I apologize for these horribly lit pictures.
So these are the rings. I made 5 of them with copper-colored Swarovski Crystal beads and antiqued brass wire, and the 6th one was with a red round Swarovski bead and vintage bronze wire for a friend that's helping in the wedding but isn't a bridesmaid.
I decided to wrap up the earrings in my standard shipping packaging, minus the shipping envelopes and tissue paper. I wanted each package to match, so I decided my best bet would be to find a fashion editorial in one of my old Vogues because they are usually 6+ pages.
Took me a while, but I finally found a good one with more subdued colors and where the model was mostly covered. :) It featured Coco Rocha (one of the "regulars" in Vogue). Prettiness!
So I ripped the pages out and picked which sides to use. Since they were too wide to wrap the rings in, I had to cut some of the sides off.
Oops, I cut Coco Rocha's hand off. Sad day.

All 6 Coco Rocha's after being cut down to size:

I folded each separate paper up and punched holes in one end. Then I used some antiqued brads to close one end of each package.
I call this picture 'The Many Faces of Coco Rocha':

Then I put the rings in (along with a business card), punched holes on the other side and closed them with brads as well. Normally at this point I would wrap it up in tissue paper and put it in my shipping envelope, but since I'm not shipping them I just left them like this:
And of course, I added little name tags so the right person would get the right ring.

The End!

VR