Thursday, December 31, 2009

THIS IS MY NEW YEAR... on crack.

Does anyone else remember the "2000" glasses that were around for Y2K and 1999 NYE?? Because I sure do. My pair glowed in the dark and were passed out during a NYE party during my middle school days in Nevada.

Between 2000 and tonight, the night before 2010, my life has definitely had some changes.

2001: I decided to leave my mother and my home in order to have the opportunity for a better life.

2005: I improved my grades, (for the first time) made amazing life-long friends, successfully graduated high school and was accepted into college.

2005-2009: I attended college, began playing rugby, made even more 'keeper' friends, fell in love, found out who my true friends were, was accepted into a new family, welcomed a new set in in-laws, decided to postpone graduate school for a 'real' job, and had my heart broken.

2010: Will bring my graduation from college (Jan. 10) and will begin the start of a new chapter in my life. One that will hopefully lead to a new career and the completion of the goals that I set for myself so long ago.



This evening I will be spending the night alone.
No parties, no more boyfriend, and no friends tonight.
Kind of lame... no, really it is lame. But I'm okay it with it. I'm going to finally sit back and truly relax. I've spend the last 8 years (since moving to Maryland) working my ass off to get this far. Tonight will be my break. Tomorrow I will begin the next part of my life and I plan on enjoying it every step of the way.

This year:
January has me graduating. Going on a ski trip (for the first time) with friends from home. Possibly going on a 2 day trip to Vegas with my cop friends or just another over night-er to Atlantic City.
February I start a new job, not a 'real job just an in-between job, close to home. Then I'm going (possibly back) to Vegas for a 4 day weekend of out of control, craziness with my rugby team for the USA 7's tournament. I'm going to catch up with the only 2 friends I've kept from NV. And I plan on having the time of my life with a bunch of amazing ladies--an enjoying the eye-candy that are sexy rugby men (haha)!
I don't know what I have in store for March, April, May, or June, but July is my Birthday and August is bringing my brother and his wife baby #2 (child #4). (I'm planning on it being a girl. It better be a girl.)
I really just hope that this year, and the years following the end of my undergraduate/college career will be good. I just want to be happy. That's all I've ever really asked for, and that's what my resolution this year will be.

I just want to be happy.

If I were on stage in a Miss America Pageant I'd wish for World Peace too.

:)

Have a Happy New Year everyone.
Be safe.

Chuck.