Monday, December 21, 2009

HOLIDAY OUTFIT

This Christmas I'll be splitting my time between my boyfriend's home in NJ and my home in MD. Christmas Eve we will be having dinner with his Aunt and family, and I am at a complete loss of what to wear.
I picked up this great black linen dress from Gap on eBay for $7 (original price tag $55). I was going to wear it, a pair of patterned tights, and my black suede boots for a friend's commission today, but since it got cancelled, I think I'm going to wear it for lunch/dinner at his aunt's place.
My only concern is that it's too much black. I've got my forest green long pea coat from Gap I picked up a few year ago to break up the black, and of course the gray tights will do that as well. I just hope my outfit doesn't come across as bla...

Here are a few pictures of the outfit pieces. (My camera is busted, or else I would take a pic of the outfit on and show you what I'm trying to pull off)



Unfortunately I don't have a picture of my coat (which I absolutely love!--it goes great with my skin tone and eyes and hair color--absolutely the best purchase I have ever made)...

I was thinking about wearing a colored scarf to break up the black, or maybe even my two tone AA scarf to make the tights 'pop' a little more...


But again, is it too much black? Oh I don't know! Ugh! Holiday outfits are entirely too stressful.

All I know is this: I really don't want to show up in jeans for a Holiday dinner (and a first meeting), I just want to look nice and appropriate...


Ugh. Holidays.