Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Times are changing

So, I bought my first designer purse when I was about 32. A small Kate Spade black, simple bag. (See photo below). It was a big deal for me to spend that much on a purse. I know, people spend hundreds on purses, but I never had.

Well yesterday, my 12 year old daughter, bought her first Kate Spade bag. She's twelve! She has learned how use QuickBooks and does a lot of the Mini Mosaic bookkeeping for me, and I pay her. She saved up her money and spent it on a bag (image at the top of post). I struggled on whether to let her purchase this extravagant item at such a young age. I would never have bought one for her, I haven't even purchased another one for myself! But it came down to, her money, her choice. I am still not sure if it was the right decision.