Tuesday, December 29, 2009

WHY NOT TO GO TO THE MALL AFTER CHRISTMAS

I'm still waiting to begin my Adventures in Literary-land, but shipping is taking longer than normal. Damn the holidays!

In the mean time I made my rounds at the mall Monday night... my intention was to make a SIMPLE return at H&M and then drive home. HOWEVER the DOUCHE at the register, who must have been new, because I unfortunately know all of the people who work there due to my inability to properly hang onto any 'spare' cash in my wallet... and well, he was not a regular employee... he was A DOUCHE!

I walked in, the beepy alarm went off, I walked to the register, patiently waited my turn, approached the register and stated that I needed to make a return (something that I've done before--with no problems). As I emptied my H&M bag, filled with 2 H&M garments AND the original, in damn near mint condition, receipt I informed the Register DOUCHE that one sweater still had the security tag/plastic-do-hicky attached to it. Well this tid bit piece of what I assumed to be helpful information must have set the RD (Register DOUCHE--remember) off into a tizzy!

He flipped his shit (excuse my excessive use of DOUCHE and explicit language)!

RD: "Well where did you get this from? Which H&M did you buy this from, because you didn't get it here."
ME: "I purchased it here. It actually has happened more than once to me--that the security thing has been left on--it's common."
RD: "No it's not. We don't leave those on."
ME: "Yes, it's happened before. Here."
RD: "Well how did you get out of the store with this?"

At this point he pulls the receipt up close to his face, along with the tag for the sweater, and checks the barcode... number by number... I know he is doing this because I can see his lips counting off and verifying the numbers and his big DOUCHEY head going back and forth between the two items.

ME: "I got from this store."

What I didn't say at this point was: Hey DOUCHE BAG! Did you even LOOK UP AT ME when I walked INTO the store carrying this bag when the ALARM WENT OFF? No you did not. Neither did any other member of the staff when I walked in--as other customers were walking out. What if they were stealing something?? Hmm!?

But, I didn't say that. I kept my cool--surprisingly (it's a new thing I'm trying). I didn't even get smart-assy when he made his initial DOUCHEY comments to me. I didn't roll my eyes, OR raise my eyebrow. I swear.

I even kept my cool when he took the second garment and proceeded to inspect it and it's barcode in comparision to the receipt. I even kept my cool when I heard him mumbling about how the price was "INCORRECT" on the receipt for the second garment that was a sale item. I mean seriously DOUCHE, WTF??

RD: "Do you have your Visa on you? The one ending in ****."
ME: "Yes."
RD: "Well I need you to have it out in order to credit you back your money."
ME: "Okay." pulling it out
RD: "You need to swipe it."

The rest of the interaction is moot... but that guy was a serious DOUCHE. I have NEVER had problems with my H&M. Not with their store, nor their staff. I understand that this was the Monday after the holiday, but really? Was it necessary for him to be so RUDE?


So I left H&M with a credit to my account :) and headed to Anthropologie (DUMB idea) on my way out the door.

I ended up buying three ornaments on sale, I bought two for my collection, and one for my lovely friend Stacey and her husband to be Steve--for their first tree together.

[Stacey & Steve--July 30, 2010--Can't wait to be a MOH!!]

I also happened to find THE PERFECT DRESS for their rehearsal dinner at Anthropologie. But of course I must wait for it to go on sale. Because it's Anthro, and their crap, although beautiful, is just too damn pricey.

[Cosgrove Dress -- $128]

I tried on both the red and the blue... and I think I am leaning toward the red. I am thinking about a black belt (possibly) and then my black flats or the black peep toes I just picked up for graduation (!!). But I'll decide after I get the dress (after it goes on sale).


I found this necklace online. It looks like it would go with the look I want to try and pull off. If it doesn't go on sale it's okay. I could try a DIY bib necklace, or just grab one from F21. No biggie on accessories. Summer is months away.


OOh. I don't mean for this to be a long post:

However... I found this at Anthropologie as well. I WOULD NEVER pay the price that is being asked for this item, but I did and do think that the whole product overall is just neat.

It's a wooden puzzle. I don't like the image and the cheesy "can you imagine," but I do like puzzles and the crazy, crafted, intricate wooden pieces are really cool. I wish it were a little bigger as well, especially for the cost. The website has a few more pictures. Check it out.

I tried to find similar online and for CHEAPER but I was unlucky. If someone has any luck, or knows of something similar--craftsmanship wise, let me know. I would love this for me personally, but I know a few friends and family who would love something like this as a gift.

I hope you all have recovered from your holidays, and are priming up for New Years--does anyone have any plans yet? Everyone I know is basically in the though process of "we'll find out the night before"... oh well whatever works. I know I just want to have a blast this year!