Monday, August 29, 2011

Red Head

---



Dress: Thrifted/Portland --- Belt: Thrifted/St. Vincent's --- Vintage Purse: Etsy/vintch --- Seychelles Flats: Amazon
My hair is back to a socially-acceptable color once again... I'm really quite in love with this dark red. I had been thinking for a while about doing something completely different (i.e. blond), but I've been thinking lately that my calling in life is to be a red head. Well, my true calling is to be a plain brown head, but that's no fun.

Really, though, I've never gotten so many compliments on a physical characteristic before as I have gotten on having red hair... I've had people walk up to me when I'm out shopping just to tell me they like my hair color. A few people have even asked if it's my natural color (one lady told me I was blessed to have such a naturally beautiful hair color - she was quite let down when I told her I dyed it.)
---



I happened upon Lykke Li the other day in the same way that I happen upon basically all of my music nowadays... via my Florence + the Machine Pandora station. I downloaded her more recent CD, but I've been listening to the tracks from her debut album on YouTube and honestly I think I like those more. Also, she gets brownie points because I really like the covers she has for some of her singles.

Because album covers are the really important thing when it comes to music, you know.