Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I RAN...

On Sunday I ran in my first 5K :)


I don't have any pictures from the run...
(that's probably a good thing--this girl was a sweaty mess)

Overall I'm proud of myself. I completed the race 4 minutes above the 30 minute goal that I set for myself, and walked--something that I didn't want to do, but I did anyways. My final time was 34:35.7 with my laps being 11 minute miles (once again, not amazing for me, but without ANY training, not horrible).

I debated running another race, but I'm definitely going to do it again. I don't know when, but I do know that I'm going to do it, and I also know that I'm going to train this time as opposed to not training at all. I don't want my times for this race to be my only times that I ever race for a 5K. There is nothing like competing with yourself to push you to do better.

Maybe during my training for the next race I'll run to appropriate running music:


Have any of you ever run in 5Ks or 10Ks??
How'd you do? Are you going to do another?