Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Guest Post: Nicole from Coco Maria

Hey there everyone! It's Nicole from Coco Maria here. When Leanna asked if I would do a guest post for her blog while she's away in Bosnia, I was so excited! Leanna is such a lovely lady, and her blog is one of my favorites. At first, I was stumped on what to do for this post. After looking through my closet, I decided it would be fun to remix a dress and show a bunch of different ways to style it. I decided on a black floral dress I picked up from the Salvation Army a while ago. I've hardly worn it, since I was a bit stumped on how to style it. So, I figured this post would hopefully give you a few ideas on how to style a dress that's been stumping you since you bought it, as well as help me figure out how I could wear this dress! So, here we go!

IMG_6251edit Look 1 Hat: Modcloth, Flats: Urban Outfitters. IMG_6254edit Look 2 Knee highs: Target, Belt: Delia's, Sandals: Urban Outfitters IMG_6268edit Look 3 Blouse: Urban Outfitters, Wedges: Forever 21, Belt: From another skirt IMG_6261edit Look 4 Skirt: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Restricted (Note: This is going to sound super nerdy, but I tucked the dress into a pair of undershorts to keep it from showing under the skirt!) IMG_6283edit Look 5 Blouse: Sears, Sandals: Forever 21
Well, I hope this post has given you some ideas on how to style dresses in your own wardrobe! Also, thanks again for Leanna for asking me to do a guest post! -Nicole

(Note from Leanna: Thanks, Nicole! Everyone be sure to check out her lovely blog HERE.)