Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Etsy, why do you have to be so time consuming?

Well, I thought I'd take a break from all of my Treasury posts (I have another one coming later in the day) and do another one of my "this is what I've been doing" posts so I'll be able to refer back to it when I have to write my 7 page essay for my senior project. 7 pages doesn't sound like too much, but I'm sure it would sound a lot longer if I remembered absolutely nothing about what I did. So here goes!

Etsy has basically been consuming my life lately. I wake up, take pictures of my jewelry, edit them on the computer, start listing, make more jewelry in between listing, eat lunch, have an afternoon photo session if I completed anything new during the morning, keep on listing, and when it gets to dark to take anymore pictures I finish up listing and continue working on new things. The evenings are dedicated to spending time in the forums, blogging, tweeting with people, working on my website, and sometimes doing school work. And then from about 11 or so until 1 or 2 in the morning, I work on more projects.

It's a busy day, to say the least.

It's been worth it so far, though. I listed my very first item on December 18th, and from Dec. 18th to January 18th, I had a total of nine sales. Today (February 16th) I have a total of 30 sales. So in February, I have more than tripled my sales from January. Hopefully I'll be able to continue on this trend!

Overall, Etsy has turned out to be very easy, but extremely time-consuming. There's no way that I could do this if I had to go to a regular school, so I'm very thankful that I get the opportunity to do all of my schooling online. I'm unsure of what will happen next year when I go to college, but hopefully I will still be able to keep up with everything.

Well, that's all I have to say for now. Now I'm off to post some more earrings!