Monday, June 20, 2011

Where I'm Going:

Hey again!

So basically, I am leaving in about 2 hours to go on the longest trip of my life. I've been looking forward to this trip for quite some time now and am super excited (and nervous) that the day has finally come to leave.

So where am I going? Well, let me show you:
Yup, I'm going to that little red country (though I doubt it's red in real life); Bosnia! My church has sent a missions team out for two weeks each of the past 5 summers or so to help them set up an outreach camp for adults, teens, and children throughout the summer. I figured I had nothing better to do with my summer this year, though, so I volunteered to stay there during all of the camps. So instead of staying 2 weeks I'm staying about 7.

During these 7 weeks I will be:
-Sleeping in a tent
-Showering in cold water
-Eating whatever they feel like feeding me
-Setting up scads of tents
-Spending a majority of my time outdoors (as of now the only true building at the camp is the kitchen, which is a bombed out house left over from the war).
-Having internet access just one day a week.

Yup, only 1 day of the internet for me. I know that's not terrible or anything, it'll just be an... uh... adjustment. Obviously you shouldn't be expecting to see much in the way of blog posts from me while I'm gone, but I do have a few guest posters lined up to share with you guys in my absence. I might post a few updates here while I'm away but nothing lengthy, and certainly nothing fashionable.

I suppose I'll "see" you guys when I get back... I hope you all have wonderful summers and if you're ever in need of a good laugh just picture me huddled in a tent clutching my bug spray!

Oh, and PS, the winner of the giveaway was Madeline. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to mail it until after I get back because I kind-of-sort-of forgot that I was doing the giveaway and would need to go to the post office to mail it, but fortunately I know Madeline is a sweetie and hopefully won't throw things at me for it. :)