Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nineteen and Hair "After" Pics

Today I enter my last year of teen-dom. This is unfortunate because I feel no where near mature enough to be anything but a teen. I've heard "you're so mature for your age" countless times over the past few years so I guess I give off a mature vibe or something, but on the inside I still feel like I'm 8 years old.

The past several birthdays have been rather uninteresting for me. "Oh, it's just 16, no big deal... it's just 17, no big deal...", but not today. Today I'm feeling like, Wow, I'm nineteen. When I think about all of the things I am going to do when I'm 19 it freaks me out. I am going to start school when I'm 19. I'm going to move out when I'm 19. I'm going to move to a giant city where I know about 5 people when I'm 19. I'm going to have to pay rent when I'm 19. It's kind of mind boggling to think about all of the things that 19-year-old Leanna is going to do.

But anyways....
Ahhhhh. I have bangs. Right after my hair cut yesterday I was already starting to feel bad about it, but I told myself I needed to wait until after I washed and styled it myself to freak out. I'm sure it's highly inadvisable to wash your hair the day after you get it colored, but that's exactly what I did this morning when I got up. Good thing, too, because I love it a lot more now than I did yesterday.

It's been quite a while since I've had bangs. Let's take a look, shall we?
Apparently I really, really, really, liked the Alice in Wonderland ride, if my face is any indication. And apparently my dad could not wait to get off it. :) Note the ginormous video camera he's holding. Ah, the 90's...

Anyhow, I'm glad I switched back to bangs. It's something new and different for me. I'm already super excited to wear my hair up in a bun because I think it's going to be twice as cute now as it was before.
The color ended up not being as light as I had asked for, but I'm actually really please with how this turned out. It's a really nice, rich shade.

Since my mom has a meeting tonight and my dad may have to play tennis, we celebrated my birthday last night instead. 
Calm yourselves, friends, that's not a boyfriend. That's Gabe, our exchange student from Italy we got last week. All you need to know about Gabe is that he likes to bake. Thus, my birthday cake was born. It's a 3 layer chocolate cake with coconut, caramel, and almond filling (and also some kind of fancy frosting, but I don't like frosting so I didn't eat that). Yeah, pretty much the best exchange student ever.

He learned a good lesson when making the frosting, though. Powdered Sugar is not the same thing as regular sugar. It's probably safe to say he won't make that mistake again.

Anyways, I hope you are all enjoying your Wednesdays! I'm off to treat myself to a birthday thrifting trip, so hopefully I'll score some good deals.