Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SPRING WISHLIST

(for AFTER the Big Move, of course)

While catching up with my mail the other afternoon I took an extra ten minutes to browse through my May copies of Lucky and Glamour.
I must say that I LOVE going through both magazines each month. After I spend 20 minutes tearing out all of the useless advertisements and pages that I have not interest in, I am left with (usually) under 50 pages of fashion, beauty, and other pieces of "need to pay attention to/possibly buy at a later point in time" information.
I especially love the outfit ideas and design ideas that I get from both magazines each month. Plus, both offer GREAT freebies (here and here) each month online--which I love to enter, and ONE day will eventually win!
So getting back to the purpose of this post... both magazines for the month of May perked me up so much! Both had SO MUCH stuff that I have been literally lusting over all day. One item in particular has even made it to the top of my "To Purchase" list for after the move and following my getting settled in in Georgia... like you didn't think I had one of those lists!
I do!
Ha!

So without further ado...

My Spring Wishlist
(also including a few items from the new Urban Outfitters catalog)



$118 at Nordstrom and Dillard's

The great thing about this dress is that I think I can work it into ALL facets of my wardrobe. I can dress it up or down for a night out or for a casual look, OR I can add accessories and wear it to work! I think Calvin Klein (and Michael Kors--he is another story) makes very versatile and timeless pieces. His pieces can be left and forgotten about in your closet for YEARS and you could pull it out later and it would still look great for whichever season you were in!




Timex T Series Chronograph Watch
$120 at Timex online

(BUT if you use the code LUCKYBRK you can get 35% off... I believe the total comes to $78)
AND this deal is good until the END OF MAY!!!!


You would think after the Michael Kors situation (i.e. splurging for the last time in a long time) I would be done with watches... BUT NO, I'm not. Now that I've got the golden lovely that I commonly refer to as "My Michael" when I ding him on the wall or counter at work, I feel as though I need to complete my wardrobe with a silver lovely (with the redish animal print band)... i.e. The Timex T Series Chronograph watch featured in this month's Lucky mag AND also seen on the model in the mag who just happens to be wearing the Calvin Klein dress that I have fallen in love with.





Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Solid Perfume Pendant
$78 Estee Lauder and most likely ALL department stores!

I think this is really cute looking and the idea is great. The price tag however SUCKS and I have a feeling I wouldn't like the scent. I'll have to go out and smell this pretty piece first before I even think about searching for this on eBay--because YOU KNOW that I wouldn't pay FULL PRICE for this! (I have my limitations--I really do!)




Truly Madly Deeply 80's Sweatshirt
$38 Urban Outfitters

Apparently I'm last on the bandwagon for cutting your sweaters up and wearing them all sexy/stupid like (depending on your personal opinion on the subject of cutting the necks off of your sweaters then wearing them out...).
Well I saw this look in the recent UO catalog, and discovered that I kinda liked it. I discovered also that I liked it EVEN MORE when I discovered that I could recreate this look by taking my old hoodies that mess up my hair every time I pull them over my head, and cutting off the hood. I then discovered (apparently I discovered a lot during this past week lol) that my old hoodies with the necks cut off are really friggin' comfortable; they are roomy for working out, and comfy and airy enough for sleeping in as well.
So, don't spend $38 on the above mentioned item... go do it yourself. OR comment me back and tell me that I'm slow and you've already done this/knew about it (about 5 years ago--or 30ish years ago--in the 80's!). And then comment about how sorry you are that you didn't let me in on this little secret YEARs ago! Thanks jerks! :)




$48 Urban Outfitters

I've had a serious shoe hard on for these pumps for the past few months. I have no clue why. I think the Canvas Pumps (in that color) would look GREAT with a fitted pencil skirt and a flow-y blouse, with some sort of floral print in that outfit (that I'm imagining in my head). But I'm just imagining, a bit too much, since I no longer have a pencil skirt--that fits me--in my possession, nor do I own the flow-y blouse. Oh poop. Maybe when I get a nice paycheck, settle down after my move, ohyeah and GET A REAL JOB!


Alrighty, that's enough dreaming for now...
I've got a few more post ideas coming up, that I've been preparing for in between packing and working... 
More to come later. 

What should you expect?

Oh well how about:
SEXY boots (on sale of course), sexy/cute/frilly/somewhat practical aprons, a DIY project--that I think MANY of you will LOVE!!, some Anthropologie picks, and a few ETSY picks as well!