Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cashmere dress and suit

This dress is made of cashmere and lined with white silk. Sowing the pleats in wasn't as much work as having to almost stand on the iron to get the pleats to stay in the versatile cashmere fabric. The whole dress took me a weekend to make but the pleats alone I had to iron for about 3 hours.

You can see the lovely fabric close up and also the lovely back-bow. I wear the dress a lot to work, including the day of the office photo shoot.

I made this jacket out of cream cotton velvet lined with the same cashmere fabric as my dress and wear it a lot with just general clothes.





I have worn this dress to work a lot of times, including the day of the office photo shoot and when visiting the biggest excavation site in the world somewhere in north Israel.