Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bedsheet summer dress


I love this dress, its extremely comfortable and summery! It's both comfortable and sexy (needs a bit of ironing here). I took the fabric from a bed sheet that I found in a pound shop. It is pure cotton and has lovely colors, I got really lucky.

The bottom and the middle piece are the same piece fabric, not stitched together, and shows the hem of the fabric itself. The side joints that are sewn on to get the round effect that supports the design of the back.

This was the first dress I ever had the urge to get made as I could not find an equivalent dress anywhere. It was then that I realised that I would just have to make it myself. However, as I didn't have a sewing machine at the time, I had the tailor make it, and to date it is still one of my favourite dresses, which I think one can tell by the smile on my face.