Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ridiculous

Oh friends, so I have such a treat for you today! No, you don't  get one of those delicious cupcakes I showed in my last post. You get to see this picture of me in this ridiculous dress:
 You're welcome.

I got this dress from a neat thrift shop in Portland. Yes, it's kind of horrific as is, but I was really attracted to the print and couldn't pass it up (it was only $5, after all).
The problem with the print, though, is just that there's way to much of it. It's a busy, busy piece of fabric, and  an entire dress made of it is a nightmare. So I did the sensible thing and reduced the amount of the print by over 50%.

And voila:
Earrings and Ring: Handmade --- Top and Skirt: Thrifted --- Shoes: Seychelles via Amazon
 Now I have the fabulosity of the print in a pint-sized version of the original piece. It's a great, floral, summery piece that I can wear with a variety of tops and accessories...
... and all it took was a pair of scissors. Somewhere in the world, the old lady that owned this dress before me is rolling over in her grave.
Well, the time is drawing near for me to move out and on to the big cit of Portland! School starts on Monday, so I'm starting to get my stuff together. The only catch is that I don't actually have a place to live yet... I looked at a few places but they didn't work out. I have one more place to look at this Friday, so I'm super hoping it will work, or I may have to live in a box on campus. Hey, the rent would be a great deal, no?

I just hope wherever I end up living will have a semi-decent kitchen so I can keep up my new-found fascination with cupcakes. Look at what I made today:
Ghirardelli Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache.
Get. In. My. Belly.