Saturday, September 17, 2011

My New Love:

So within the past week, I've made 3 different kinds of cupcakes. The first batch was Irish Coffee with Whipped Cream frosting. They tasted YUMMY, but they were kind of ugly. So ugly that I couldn't bring myself to take a picture. OK, so maybe they weren't actually that bad, but in my head I had envisioned them much prettier, so when they came out only looking so-so it was a major disappointment. So no pictures of these ones, unfortunately.

Batch two was Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter frosting. I don't like peanut butter at all, but my family was coming home from  a long trip that day and they all like peanut butter, so I did the "noble thing" (in my dad's words) and made a frosting that I wouldn't like. I wasn't too noble, though, as I did leave 3 un-frosted for myself. These are what they looked like:


The cake part tasted decent enough... not quite chocolate-y enough, and they sunk a lot after taking them out of the oven, so I don't think I'll be using the cupcake recipe again. The frosting was quite good, though, or so I was told since I didn't have any. Or maybe they were just all lying to me to be nice. I think I didn't wait long enough for the cupcakes to cool before adding the frosting because it was a lot more firm in the bowl and kinda got a bit melty looking on the cupcakes. Lesson learned.

My third batch is the one that I'm most excited about, solely for the fact that they actually look a teensy bit as awesome as I hoped they would. I mean, seriously, just look at them:


Cookies and Cream! With Oreo cookies in the cupcake, the frosting, and on top! What's not to love? The frosting is so good. I just made these this afternoon, though, and haven't even any of them yet, so I don't know if the cake part it OK. I followed the directions exactly so I can't imagine why they wouldn't, but I can't determine whether they're winners or not just quite yet. But man are they cute. Almost too cute to eat!

So yes, this is what I've been doing with all my time instead of dressing up and taking pictures. Now you know.