Thursday, July 21, 2011

HATERS IN THE FAMILY

So. 
Sunday.

I had a family reunion.
It was nice catching up with family that I haven't seen in a few years...
(I was in Georgia last year)

It wasn't so nice "catching" up with my aunt.
Because we didn't really catch up at all... she actually only spoke 1 WHOLE SENTENCE to me the entire day!


Quick back story/tangent...
During my brief, yet VERY INTENSE, relationship with Mr. A, my aunt and I got into an argument, well more so, she sent me text messages on BLAST regarding her disapproval of me--in general. My dad also did the same. Basically because I went to a birthday dinner for Mr. A with his family (who had invited my weeks ahead of time) and not to a birthday dinner for my cousin (of which I had JUST FOUND OUT the day before that was occurring at the exact same time). Needless to say, I moved to Georgia not long after this blow up. My aunt and I didn't speak again, and she never apologized for the completely cruel and horrible and crude things that she said to me. Seriously people, the shit she said to me was BAD.
Even after I moved back, a year later, things have not been right between the two of us. We have been cordial and polite. Amicable is the word. But still to this day, she has NEVER apologized, and honestly, probably never will. 
I am honestly okay with it, I know who I can trust in my family, and I know now, how she really feels about me. I don't need negativity like that in my life, especially from someone who is supposed to be family.

My dad and I have had our rifts, and are currently going through a very rough patch right now. I won't get into it, but I'll just say that it isn't good, and the mendability factor is not good.


So, we all (Me, Angry Aunt, Dad, Cousin (the one who's birthday I missed, but who I had actually TALKED to and told him that I wasn't going to be there and why, and the only one who mattered that day), and my Aunt and Uncle that I live/d with) drove to the family reunion. 

The Angry Aunt didn't really say much anything to me, and I was okay with that. I didn't really talk to my dad much, but I did more than I thought I would... I said hi, kissed hello, general necessary small talk required to not be openly rude to someones face--ya know.

We get there, talk to relatives.

Midway through the event, during meal time, I overhear Angry Aunt (3 seats away) talking bitching to a 2nd cousin of some sort ABOUT ME! and my relationship (or lack thereof) with my father. She was in full bitch mode about me... and I was sitting right there!

I got up and went outside to get some air and to ignore the negativity. 

A few hours later, after taking a break outside again, I went back in and stopped by my dad and the Angry Aunt who were sitting by one another.
My dad and I chat a bit, and the Angry Aunt pipes up and informs me: 
"You're wearing too much makeup?"

I politely,
with NO sarcasm or bitchiness
(this was extremely tough let me tell you),
respond,
with a chirp/smile to my words,
"No, I don't think so."
and I walk away.

Once again, I went outside to collect myself.
Called/texted my roommate to vent my frustration, and to hear someone talk sense to me.


My roommate(s) is(are) the BEST...
by the way.


Outside, sitting in the car, I took this:


Which resulted in this thought:
:)

Because I know I'm not wearing too much makeup,
and I know my aunt is just being a bitter bitch,
and also because I know that I look really pretty today (that day),
oh and because the negative things that she says to me DO NOT MATTER.



excuse my crazy use of incorrect word tenses...