Thursday, November 26, 2009

HOLIDAY CHEER ME UP!

I'm excited for the up coming weeks... especially for a few packages that should be making their way to my door step.


(Not my front door--but I like it... wouldn't mind something like this for my own one day)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I finally caved and bought the box set of the Twilight saga. Not because I'm in love with the series--because the writing and 1/4 of the books drives me INSANE--but because I like books, and the underlying story/the whole vampire thing appeals to me. Otherwise, in a more perfect world, I would buy the box set then burn it as soon as I was done reading it; that's how angry the series makes me at times...

However, because I thoroughly enjoy the written word, and have respect for the literary world I will not be burning my Twilight series when it arrives at my door. I will reread the set, the place them gingerly on my bookshelf until the next movie comes out, and I'll complete the rereading process all over again (I'll probably complete the bitching and griping about the series again too, but thankfully, you won't have to hear about it again until July when movie 3 is released).


I also purchased The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond. She runs a website called ThePioneerWoman.com which just happens to be an AWESOME/AMAZING site for everything delicious... Believe me: From one Hate-to-Cook-Real-Food-Because-it-Stresses-me-Out Girl to the bloggers/readers/people who might like to cook who are of the real world... her recepies are TO DIE FOR, they are real, easy to make, and always turn out Delicious!

Go buy her cookbook. I don't have mine yet, as I'm still waiting for delivery, but I know it's going to be good. If you don't want to spend the $, check out her site. The recepies are FREE, archived, and also come accompanied with step-by-step pictures to guide those not so skilled (i.e. ME) along.

I'm a little giddy about my new PJs that are on their way... Thanks American Eagle--Free Shipping, a sale on this and a few other items, and 25% off helped nudge me over the edge on whether or not to purchase this set as well as a few other surprises for myself ;) .


I went a little crazy with the bed time gear tonight and added this to my purchase list. These slippers are fun, warm and comfy (thanks to the reviews), and were only $20.

I've always wanted funky and fun slippers to keep my feet warm. It tends to get uber chilly in just my room during the winter. This year I plan on being prepared!


Last week I went a little eBay crazy and picked up a few items:
  • A roll/sample of Calvin Klein Euphoria perfume
  • A roll/sample of Clinique Happy To Be perfume -- which really puts me in a happy mood after application
  • A tube of Clinique "Black Honey" lipstick -- it's a nice plummy color that according to Real Beauty's Ultimate Lipstick Challenge looks great on all skin types -- and I agree! I'm currently on the eBay hunt for the other shades (available at discounted prices!).
  • A pair of Silver skinny jeans -- a Canadian brand that makes GREAT jeans... my 1st pair have yet to fall apart/wear out like any and all other jeans I have ever purchased/worn.


Now I must be off to bed. I've been blessed with the pleasure of pulling a double tomorrow. Hello! 12 to 12... Here I come!

Night!