Sunday, November 29, 2009

ACK! DISTRACTED AGAIN!

My inner baker is slowly creeping out, one delicious pie at a time.

I really must be going insane. No seriously. In the past 3 days I have made a total of 4 pies, bought the goods to make a deliciously chocolate cake (of which I've been craving for about a month now), and about 5 minutes ago I got it into my little baker brain that I am going to make Red Velvet Cake Balls a la Bakerella.com.


[mmmm, I know, don't they look nummy!?]


Good Jesus (pronounced in Espanol--I don't get the stare of the Devil from the uncle B if I say it like that), what in the world is wrong with me?!

Bake, bake, bake... It's all I want to do with my time now.

This is sickening. Really, it is.

Do you know how many papers I could have written this break? How much reasearch I could have started and completed?!

Sick. Just sick.

Now, back to these RVCBalls:

Instead of the box RVC mix like the recipe calls for... I'm going to use the family recipe for Red Velvet Cake Balls, yes the annual Christmas time one that Uh-Uh (pre-Alzheimers) makes. Wish me luck, when the time arrives. Because on top of using the recipe for the batter, I'm going to use the recipe for the frosting as well.... I know, I'm CRAZY! ::insert gut wrenching scream/gasp of horror here:: This could turn out going okay, or it could turn out horribly x's 2.
  1. Being that I screw up the family recipe in some way and the damn balls turn out crappy.
  2. The damn balls + the family recipe turn out AWESOME and I end up having to make them every year.
Ugh, I don't know which worse option is worse!?

[Please hold for a brief prayer to the Baking Gods:]

Please, Baking Gods, Angels, Faeries and Sprites... Please don't let my (possibly brief) venture into baking balls [hehe--immaturity, sorry] be a complete disaster. Let this little trip into bakingland turn out successful... whenever I decide to do it... k-thanks.
xoxo Chuck


Now I must get back to my no-baking-reality in which I am a college student, on the verge of finals and graduation, who at this very moment SHOULD be working on 4 papers simultaneously.

Ugh.

The baking fantasy, in which everything I make turns out delicious, looks so much better right now.