Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! ...LOOK AT MY PIES!!!!

How about some pie!

This year for Thanksgiving I took a stab at PIE!

I like to consider myself a lover of food, not quite a connoisseur for the simple reason that cooking puts me in a fowl mood. Half the time I do it right--the whole dish/meal turns out perfectly, the other half of the time the whole thing/process of making the dish turns out to be absolutely stressful and I want to gouge my eyes out mid-way through.

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, give me cookies, sweets, and other delicious treats and I'll bake you a kitchen full of deliciousness and enjoy every minute of my time spent.

Well last night, in honor of the day of giving thanks, and in a mini homage to my Uh-Uh (that's family lingo for my grandma--the one currently struggling with Alzheimers), I made Pie for the very first time!

To toot my own horn... My Chocolate Pecan Pies (yes, I made 2 at once!) turned out to be a HUGE hit in my neighborhood. So BIG that I'm making one for my neighbors step-grandpa and one for Dick, who was with his family for the holiday and missed out.


So without further ado... I present to my blog, My First Pies:




Sorry for the cheese-tastic photo... I was excited about how PERFECT my pies turned out!


Cousin/Sister Rachel was my 'Beautiful Assistant' for the nights' baking festivities. The whole house basically went a little 'pie' crazy... The Aunt and Uncle made Milk Pies after my pies were finished baking.

Happy Thanksgiving!