Thursday, October 13, 2011

So Here's the Deal:

Guys, I love cupcakes.

I don't know what happened to me. My plain old self was just sitting on the couch, watching the Food Network like I used to when I was at home with nothing better to do, and this cake show came on. It was called Fabulous Cakes, a show I'd seen before. At some point during the show, a light bulb just came on. I sat up, and I literally said out loud, "I want to make cake".

Well, after a few minutes of recipe-surfing online, I came across a recipe that was actually for cupcakes, not cake, but it looked so great I couldn't say no. It was Irish Coffee cupcakes. I made them, and they were yummy. And the rest is history (excuse my uber-lame choice of words). I've been making cupcakes ever since.

So what does that mean for you? Well, let me tell you.

I miss blogging, but the truth is I don't have anything to blog about anymore. I am a college student now and spend a good portion of my day walking to and from bus stops and in between classes on a large campus. I love getting dressed up and wearing heels and carrying impractically small purses, but it's just not practical for me anymore. I wear jeans. Every day. I wear flats. Every day.

So long story short, no more fashion blogging. You see people wearing jeans and cute tops every day, so to continue outfit blogging at this point would just be wasting my time and yours. But like I said, I miss blogging, so I figured, why not blog about my new love?

Yeah, a cupcake blog.

I know there are tons of cupcake blogs out there, but I'm not doing it with the intent of becoming famous and world-renowned. I just want to make cupcakes, take pictures of them, share them, and share the recipes as well so other people can love cupcakes right along with me.

I briefly considering starting a completely new blog, but then I realized how silly that would be. I already have a blog. Why bother starting a new one? It's no big deal if I have old fashion posts.

So I guess my main reason for this post was just to let everyone know about the upcoming changes. I'll probably be changing the name of the blog, and naturally everything like the banner and such will change. And let me just say, it's totally cool if you want to unfollow. You started following this blog as a fashion blog, so if you're not interested in cupcakes I totally understand.

But yeah, I'm really excited to get started! I'm not 100% sure when I'll be doing  my "first" post... might be tomorrow, or it might be in a week. Or maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and think this was a terrible idea. OK, so that's probably not going to happen, but you never know.