Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Style Inspiration: Florence Welch

I'm not quite sure that my humble little blog is capable of hosting such a large dose of stylishness without exploding. Despite my misgivings, though, I have still decided to put this post together. Ever since I discovered Florence + the Machine (I have Pandora to thank for this find) about 5 months ago, I've been obsessing over Florence Welch. She's been picking up media attention the past few weeks with being nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy, performing at the Grammy Awards, and most recently with performing at the Academy Awards only a few days ago, and I'm so happy for her that she's finally getting some proper recognition.

Wonderfully awesome voice aside, Florence has the most stellar sense of style that I've ever seen before (yup, I still use the word stellar. Made in the 90s, baby!). I wish I could say there is some sort of rhyme or reason to the following montage of pictures, but there isn't. Just go with it and enjoy!

It's official: if I could raid one celebrity's closet it would be hers. Have you ever seen so much fabulousness all in one place? I mean, just look at her! The shoes! The jackets! The dresses! The hair! The pale as death skin! Oh Florence, how do you do it?

Man, she is really making me want to get bangs. I'm so lazy about going to get my hair cut, though, and bangs need frequent maintenance, especially brow-grazers like those.